Monday, December 18, 2006

Just Thought I'd share

I found this in my studies while on this trip and thought it described what I have been seeing from these people. Hope you enjoy.

"When the Spirit empowers our lives and Christ is obeyed as the Lord of our hearts,
our sins and weakness are dealt with and we find ourselves wanting to serve others,
wanting to sacrifice for them and serve them- because Christ's love has truly become our own. Loving is the supernatural attitude of the Christian, because love is the nature of Christ. When a Christian does not love he has to do so intentionally and with effort-just as he must do to hold his breath. To become habitually unloving he must habitually resist Christ as the Lord of his heart. To continue the analogy to breathing, when Christ has His proper place in our hearts, we do not have to be told to love- just as we do not have to be told to breathe. Eventually it must happen, because loving is as natural to the
spiritual person as breathing to the natural person. "
John MacArthur

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Karen, thanks so much for your posts! Joanna and I have been keeping up with you and really enjoy your vignettes. May our Lord continue to strengthen you in his work!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I can really feel in your writings how the lord is blessing you and the ones that you are ministering too. You have a special gift. You seem to be in your elements there. I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself. We miss you. I am an all A student. PTL.

Anonymous said...

Hello again, sweet Karen. I was just thinking you've come a long way since I made that "little girl" dress for you way back when. Now I'm reading the words of a young woman who takes me on a wonderful adventure to a foreign land. Good writing!

I hope you will come to Albany and share your experiences with our little group. I'm sure they would love it.

Our prayers continue with all of you as you glorify the name of our Lord and Savior!

Love,
nita