Well I must tell you about our final day in India. What a way to end a fantastic trip! That morning at 7 we went to the Christian Medical College's campus. This was new to all of us and very interesting. This campus was started by one women in 1900 and has now grown to a 3000-bed hospital that has almost every specialty clinic you can image and it just a huge campus. (See entry below for Ida Scudder's story.)
Later that morning, we traveled to another part of the campus for an all day open-air meeting in which the doctrines of grace were very clearly taught and had a very good final response. Upon arrival we were met by an elderly woman. She asked if we knew the story of Amy Carmichael. (See entry below for Amy Carmichael's story.) Well I think yall know by now that I really enjoy Amy Carmichael's writings and had actually just finished her biography on Tuesday. This lady was actually one of Amy's children at the compound! She shared pictures and stories with us during lunch. What a treat!
After lunch there was a dedication service for what is to be the newest addition to the campus, "The Place of Prayer." We all 3 Americans along with Brother Guna and another Indian preacher laid the cornerstone bricks for this building! I can't tell you how excited this made Brother Guna!
Finally late that evening, we traveled to the chapel for one final service. It was estimated that there was about 600 people there which included medical staff, students, patients, visitors, etc. Brother Jeff spoke about the balm of Gilead and the Great Physician- just what these people needed. What a response! After the service ended people began to flock the American preachers. Patients with cancer, heart disease, AIDS needed prayer. Not only the physically sick but also the spiritual. People caught up in the Hindu bondage were freed to the Christian faith. It was truly an awesome experience and I wish I could tell you exactly every detail but I hope this little bit helps you to understand.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment