Monday, December 11, 2006

GOD is Good!

We have had some awesome few days! I have heard Brother Jamey & Brother Jeff preach some outstanding messages but never like the past few days! So incredibly powerful! Sunday am Brother Jeff preached out of Rev 15:2 about the sea of glass mingled w/ fire stating that the glass is God's peace and that the fire are the trials we go through. That evening we traveled up a mountain to Pattapatti. These sweet people will forever be etched in my heart! I sat by Ms Gracie who, when the temperature dropped and I became cold, grabbed my hand, kissed it and held it until I was warm again. Both ministers preached this time. Brother Jeff on the subject of redemption and Jamey following on the subject of the effect of redemption: a personal application. WOW!!! The children got so excited when they heard that Jesus loved them long before they were born they began to giggle with delight. My eyes welled up with tears when it was asked how many were orphans and almost all the little brown hand flew up in the air. When they were told that Jesus will one day tell them "Welcome Home!" the giggles of delight began again. I have lots of pictures from this location and can't wait to share. I even felt right at home as the little boys showed me their catfish (no joke) in a rather large tank. They would shine their flashlights down into the water and watch them swim. I had never shined catfish before! :)

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Hello, hello!!! Karen,
I created a google account just so I could post a comment and let you know I am enjoying hearing from your perspective of the India trip! Praise the Lord for His working there....among the Indians as well as the Americans! :) Excited to see and read how God is going to use you and your talents for His glory. Miss you, as Sunday services at FH were not the same without you. Rest up and know that you are being MUCH PRAYED FOR!!! Love, BEKAH
P.S. Can you please give my dad a hug from me??!

Valerie said...

Sis. Karen,

God bless you as you teach the people over in India important nutrition.

I honestly believe that children everywhere are the same. They all need love, God's and ours. I pray that you will have the courage and knowledge to help each and every one that you come in contact with.

Your grandfather is right, you can't bring them all home with you literally, but they will all be in your heart and mind forever. That is how I feel about the children that have come and gone in our home.

However, we can always add another room on the house, can't we? ;)

Love and miss you very much. Can't wait to read your next entry.

ErnieB said...

Karen,
I am so happy to hear that you got there OK and are doing well. Please be sure to take care of yourself as well as the children you are working with. Now that I have your Blog address be sure that we are checking on you every day. We look forward to seeing you during the holidays and anxiously await your return.

Love
Ernie & Angie & the munchkins