Amy Carmichael once said, "Bring to India a strong sence of humor and no sence of smell." Since she lived in the ealy 1900's I don't think she meant cars but it applies. Jamey and I sat in the back of the car coming from Madras and would just look at each other and laugh because honestly, I think we would have cried if we could have.
The mobile clinic car that I have been traveling in the past few days is just a sawed-off piece of car that was built sometime in the early 1980's, long before I could even drive. I was first given the back seat. This gives new meaning to the words "human pretzel" and torture". After a few rides of eating my knee caps they allowed me to sit up front. That was even worse because this way I could see death as it approached! When I get home I will never complain about American roads, driving or traffic again.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment